Creating an Asthma-Safe Home
Asthma is an inflammatory disorder of the airways. It is also one of the most common chronic respiratory conditions affecting Americans. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, an estimated 25.9 million people, including 7.1 million children, have asthma.
While the exact cause of asthma is unknown, we can take precautions to get rid of common triggers. We listed them down below to assist you in making your homes asthma safe.
Common Asthma Triggers
What should be a place of refuge can be a host to many serious asthma triggers. They include:
- Pests, rodents, and dust mites
- Furry pets
- Wall to wall carpeting
- Indoor fungi and molds
- Second-hand tobacco smoke
- Ventilation problems that allow accumulation of fine particles
- Fumes from unvented gas, oil, or kerosene stoves
- Wood burning appliances or fireplaces
Tips to Create an Asthma-Safe Home
Improving Air Quality
Maintain good indoor air quality in your home. Airborne irritants can trigger asthma flare-ups.
- Never let people smoke in your home.
- Avoid woodfires
- Vent gas appliances outdoors
- Remove carpeting or rugs
- Vacuum and dust your home often
- Keep garbage containers closed
- Make sure your home is well ventilated especially the toilets, attic, and basement. Better if the attic and basement are air conditioned.
- Fix leaky pipes, faucets, roofs, or ductwork.
- Run an airconditioning system. And make sure you change your air filters regularly. Pro tip: Change your air filters once a month to prevent them from clogging and trapping dust and tiny particles.
- Use air filtration systems in your homes, preferably ones that remove airborne allergens.
For the world’s most effective whole-house air filtration system, have Trane’s CleanEffects Clean Air System installed in your home. The revolutionary air CleanEffects air filtration system is designed to let air flow freely through the most advanced filtration system available. Air is cleaned faster and more effectively than anything else on the market.
Air Plus is an exclusive Trane dealer because we believe Trane is far and away the industry leader in heating and air conditioning equipment.
If you’re looking to purchase Trane’s CleanEffects Clean Air System San Diego based company Air Plus is here to help. Please call 858-505-8711 or 619-276-8165 now!